Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Coin Bucket List

I do not know if I ever shared on this blog one of my bucket wishes is to photograph as many state quarter scenes in person as possible and create a photo album of them. Already ,I have about ten or so of them and while traveling I have been obsessed with capturing some of them.
The first one ,which comes to mind,was Chimney Rock in Nebraska.We traveled a half day in some obscure part of Nebraska to see it and out of nowhere it appeared on the horizon.It was just amazing and well worth the trip.
Another great landmark was in Utah when we got to see the east and west trains meeting up . They have replicas of them and actually create history by running them as though they were meeting for the first time.
Some landmarks like The Old Man On The Mountain in New Hampshire are already gone and will live on forever on their state quarter.
I will keep you abreast of other states I have visited in future posts and only hope the readers of this blog can share some of their favorite stories as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment