Monday, December 14, 2009

foreign coins are a great addendum to your display

when you are doing a coin show or any display it is my suggestion to always have some foreign coins for sale at reasonable prices. i have found people of all ages are attracted to their beautiful
designs and shapes and will automatically be drawn to your other items as well.this will give you an advantage over your competitors by making your display more attractive. you can even give a couple away as a bonus for a sale and tell your customer's you appreciate their patronage.
you can easily obtain them from coin stores at very reasonable prices or buy them by the pound if you see them advertised in coin magazines.
one woman totally amazed me when she saw them at one of my displays and said to me ,"I can't afford to travel this year overseas because of the economy but i can look at these coins and feel I am somewhere else".
a cheap thrill for a couple of dollars and she was very happy as she walked away with them.
they can also be donated to schools by having the children pick out a coin and write a report on the country of the coin's origin.
if you have any other ideas please let me know and I will spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment